Deep Ocean Mala Kit
You’ll have everything you need to craft your own high quality hand-knotted mala with this kit. With the standard 8mm mala beads, this mala typically comes out to between 38-42 inches around.
↓scroll down for more information
With our Deep Ocean Mala Kit you’ll have everything you need to craft your own high quality hand-knotted mala with this kit. With the standard 8mm mala beads, this mala typically comes out to between 38-42 inches around.
This kit comes with strong Griffin brand knotting cord and our super soft tassel thread. Each abalone shell bead is unique, you will receive one similar to the one in photos. The abalone shell is set inside an ebony wood bead and has a piece of shell on each side.
Sourcing: This abalone shell is from New Zealand where the paua abalone are ethically harvested by hand by expert divers, with very strict standards about how many can be collected each day, making this a sustainable source for this most beautiful shell.
This kit will includes:
1. 108 wood mala beads. Mala beads are approximately 8mm in size. All mala beads have a small uniform hole for knotting with size 10 griffin cord.
2. 12mm ebony wood guru bead with inlay abalone shell on each side.
3. Size 10 nylon Griffin cord in black (customize your kit with another color by contacting us for options)
4. Tassel thread in a mix of dark color tones, with dark blue to tie it closed.
5. Instructions on how to make a knotted mala and handmade tassel. In addition, I’ll be available to answer any questions about crafting your mala!
6. An organza bag to store your mala when not using it wearing.
Questions about this kit? Please ask! I’m always happy to help.