Traditional Mala Kit
$22.00 – $32.00
With our Traditional Mala Kit you will have everything you need to craft your own high quality hand-knotted mala. Your mala kit includes kadamba wood beads, a sacred wood which look very similar to sandalwood but are wax polished for smooth feeling bead with a subtle sheen.
↓scroll down for more information
With our Traditional Mala Kit you will have everything you need to craft your own high quality hand-knotted mala. Your mala kit includes kadamba wood beads, which look very similar to sandalwood but without the scent. They are wax polished for smooth feeling bead with a subtle sheen. (see below for more information about kadamba wood)
Custom requests are welcome! By default you will get a matching tassel color but if you would like a different color or colors, please leave a note at checkout. We have many other colors of tassel thread available so feel free to send any custom requests our way.
This kit will includes:
1. 108 wood mala beads in 6mm or 8mm size.
2. A larger wood guru bead (10mm for the 6mm kit and 12mm for the 8mm kit)
3. Knotting cord & tassel thread
4. A sheer organza bag to store your mala when not using or wearing.
5. Instructions on how to make a knotted mala and handmade tassel. (In addition, you can contact the shop and we are happy to answer any questions about crafting your mala)
Additional Information about Kadamba Wood:
The Kadamba Tree is also known as the Bur Flower or scientifically known as Neolamarckia Cadamba. It is a large, evergreen tree with beautiful & unique flowers. It is a fast growing tree making it a sustainable choice for wood. It is considered sacred by many and often planted near temples. The kadamba tree is mentioned in many stories of Indian mythological and historical literature.