Traditional Mala Kit
$22.00 – $32.00
With our Traditional Mala Kit you will have everything you need to craft your own high quality hand-knotted mala. Your mala kit includes kadamba wood beads, a sacred wood which look very similar to sandalwood but are wax polished for smooth feeling bead with a subtle sheen.
↓scroll down for more information
With our Traditional Mala Kit you will have everything you need to craft your own high quality hand-knotted mala. Your mala kit includes kadamba wood beads, which look very similar to sandalwood but without the scent. They are wax polished for smooth feeling bead with a subtle sheen. (see below for more information about kadamba wood)
Custom requests are welcome! By default you will get a matching tassel color but if you would like a different color or colors, please leave a note at checkout. We have many other colors of tassel thread available so feel free to send any custom requests our way.
This kit will includes:
1. 108 wood mala beads in 6mm or 8mm size.
2. A larger wood guru bead (10mm for the 6mm kit and 12mm for the 8mm kit)
3. Knotting cord & tassel thread
4. A sheer organza bag to store your mala when not using or wearing.
5. Instructions on how to make a knotted mala and handmade tassel. (In addition, you can contact the shop and we are happy to answer any questions about crafting your mala)
Additional Information about Kadamba Wood:
The Kadamba Tree is also known as the Bur Flower or scientifically known as Neolamarckia Cadamba. It is a large, evergreen tree with beautiful & unique flowers. It is a fast growing tree making it a sustainable choice for wood. It is considered sacred by many and often planted near temples. The kadamba tree is mentioned in many stories of Indian mythological and historical literature.
Donnie McClure –
I love this kit! It was very easy to use.
Dorothy Leannon –
High quality product and FANTASTIC customer service.